Collections due on Friday 25 December – Christmas Day
- Recycling (grey bin) collections will take place on Wednesday 23 December.
- Rubbish (blue lidded bin or sack) collections will take place on Tuesday 22 December.
Collections due on Friday 1 January – New Year’s Day
- Recycling (grey bin) collections will take place on Wednesday 30 December.
- Recycling collections from properties on the van round will take place on Tuesday 29 December.
- Rubbish (blue lidded bin) collections will take place on Tuesday 29 December.
There will be no brown bin collections during the weeks commencing 21 and 28 December but you can still put vegetable peelings, leftovers, cooked and uncooked food waste and all manner of festive garden foliage in the bin ready for collections to restart on 4 January 2016.
Natural Christmas trees should be cut up and placed inside the brown bin or, if less than 5’ tall, left whole beside the bin on
collection day. Trees can also be taken to the tip in Biddulph, Cheadle or Leek.
The Council does not operate a shredding service so please do not leave your tree in a car park. Dumping waste (including trees) is classed as fly-tipping and anyone caught could face prosecution and a fine of up to £50,000.
Further information is available at www.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/sm/bins