NOTICE OF ELECTION
Staffordshire Moorlands District Council
Election of Town/Parish Councillors
Notice is hereby given that an election is to be held for Town/Parish Councillors for the following
|Parishes||Number of Town/Parish Councillors to be elected||Parishes||Number of Town/Parish Councillors to be elected|
|Caverswall||Seven||Stanley & Stockton Brook||Five|
|Forsbrook||Thirteen||Warslow and Elkstones||Seven|
|Biddulph Moor||Two||Biddulph North||Six|
|Biddulph South||Two||Biddulph West||Six|
|Cheadle North East||Six||Cheadle South East||Six|
- Nomination papers for the Town/Parish Elections may be obtained from the Returning Officer, Moorlands House, Stockwell Street, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 6HQ.
- Nomination papers must be hand delivered to the Returning Officer, Moorlands House, Stockwell Street, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 6HQ on any day after the date of this notice, Monday to Friday between 10.00 am and 4:00pm (excluding bank holidays) but NOT LATER THAN 4.00 pm on Wednesday, 3 April 2019.
- If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 2nd May 2019.
- Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Friday 12 April 2019. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- Applications to vote by post, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Moorlands House, Stockwell Street, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 6HQ by 5 pm on Monday, 15 April 2019 if they are to be effective for this election.
- New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Moorlands House, Stockwell Street, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 6HQ by 5 pm on Wednesday, 24 April 2019 if they are to be effective for this election.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity, or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Moorlands House, Stockwell Street, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 6HQ by 5.00 pm on Thursday, 2nd May 2019 if they are to be effective for this election. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 24 April 2019.